2019-20 Season Sensory Friendly Productions
Milwaukee Ballet is thrilled to host sensory-friendly productions. To celebrate our 50th Anniversary we’re adding Peter Pan as an option, along with our 5th annual presentation of The Nutcracker for children and families with autism or other sensory processing disorders at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
Presented in partnership with Autism Speaks and the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
Friday, December 13 | 6:00pm
Sunday, May 10 | 6:00pm
What makes our performance of The Nutcracker a sensory-friendly show?
Relaxed House Rules
- General seating
- Squishy toys & fidgets available
- House lights remain on
- Doors remain open for exiting theater as needed
- Use of tablet/smartphones allowed (no photos of performance)
- Designated ‘Quiet Zone’ in Green Room for breaks during performance
- ‘Meet & Greet’ with performers from 5:15 PM – 5:45 PM before the show to familiarize yourself with the characters.
- Recorded music to control volume output
- No flashing lights, stage fog/smoke or sudden sounds
Adjusted Performance Run Time
- Act I: 46 minutes
- Intermission: 15 minutes
- Act II: 41 minutes
Tickets are general admission for only $20.
Buy tickets in one of three ways:
- Call Milwaukee Ballet Box Office at 414-902-2103 | Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Call or email Keri-Ayn Hough at Marcus Center at 414-273-7121 (x213) | Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Click here to buy online through Marcus Center’s MC Access. Use Group Code MBNutcracker.