- April: Call for Participation
- June 1: Web submissions due
- June 14: Dancers receive notification regarding acceptance and performance week assignment
- August 2: 7pm – Week 1 performance
- August 9: 7pm – Week 2 performance
- August 16: 7pm – Week 3 performance
- August 23: FINALS
- This is a 4-week dance competition open to dancers 11 and older (choreographers at least 16+) in ANY style of dance. Solos, duos or groups (max 20) with dance of any style.
- Dance selections must be a minimum of 3 1/2 minutes and not greater than 6 minutes.
- The audience for these events is all ages so performances (movement and music) must not consist of profanity or crude subject matter.
- Performance space is 40’ wide by 28’ deep. Floor surface is a painted sprung wood floor. Dance pieces must fit into this space.
The submissions for 2016 DanceMKE are now closed.
- Weekly prizes (to be determined) will be awarded to the top 3 groups on August 2, 9 and 16.
- The top three groups from each week will advance to the finals on August 23.
- The top three groups from the Finals will receive cash, Danceworks Scholarships and a trophy.
- Every participant in the competition will receive a limited edition DanceMKE t-shirt for participating.